This EFPW is organised by Ruđer Bošković Institute (RBI) and Faculty of Electric Engineering, Mechanical Enginering and Naval Architecture of University of Split (FESB) on behalf of the EUROfusion.
As usual, the topics of the EFPW 2017 are defined by EUROfusion STAC, and would be discussed during three days of the Workshop.
Besides of the scientific programme, to be realised in beautiful Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Business Hotel, EFPW 2017 would provide enough time for sightseeing of Dubrovnik, whose historic centre is on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
On behalf of the Local Organising Committee from RBI and FESB we wish you a pleasant stay in Dubrovnik and successful EFPW 2017.
The title of EFPW-2017 is: “Numerical modelling for fusion”.
The STAC has agreed on the following session topics and proposed Session Chairs:
- Towards exascale computing - Eric Sonnendrücker, (IPP)
- Code validation - Roland Sabot (CEA)
- Multi-scale physics for ITER (not SOL only, but critical as multi-physics) - Paolo Ricci (SPC)
- Integrated materials/component modelling - Andrea Sand (TEKES)
- Modelling for DEMO and fusion reactors: (Systems codes, neutronics, CAD etc) - Matti Coleman, (PMU/CCFE)
A detailed programme will be made available at a later date.
Local Organizing Committee
- Tonči Tadić, Ruđer Bošković Institute, chair
- Dragan Poljak, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture in Split (FESB), vice chair
- Ana Vidoš, Ruđer Bošković Institute, workshop coordinator